Thursday, January 25, 2007

Economics Can Save Me?

Recently I have spent a little too much money on books. I like having and reading them. But I often sell some books I bought before to a used-book store near my house. It is at the cheaper price than I bought them that the store master usually buys. I sometimes don't know why I buy books. It seems that I make him happier to sell him my books at the lower price. I wonder if I am also happy with such myself. So I might be a little sick and need some mental care. It seems that I might be unsatisfied with my present situation.

That's why I can't save money. It is one of my problems that I have been worried about. I know I have to tell myself to change my financial management. In this case, economics tells me how to save money: Not to spend! Hummm,...Exactly!

I know I must save money for my future life and some uncertain emergency needs. I might have a higher rate of time preference, which means I prefer the future life to present life. However I can't tell the rationality of my preference and book-buying behavior. Anyway I decide not to buy more books but to put more attention into reading them. Save money and time for my own future life! That's what I am saying to myself.

No comments: