Thursday, July 31, 2008

Dear Mom

Dear Mom,

How are you, mom?
I'm fine.

Sorry for my late email.

I am now being
allowed to have
a good experience
to stay in Germany
for one month.

I'm now at the town called Potsdam,
Germany, which is very familiar to
Japanese people because it was the place of
the Potsdam conference. As you know, it
asked Japan to surrender unconditionally around
60 years ago.

I was surprised that many Japanese people
live here and the food is really nice.

In our impression, the German food is
"potato and sausage" but has a lot of vegetable
and is not quite different from that of Japan
except bread.

However, the language is mainly German and
I have a little difficult life in town, but I may be
able to sympathize with the foreign people
staying in Japan. In Japan they cannot use
English and I am not sure that my English is
improving, either.

I am going to call you later.
Bye. Thank you, mom.

Sincerely yours,

Taro Okamoto

This post is the English version of the previous post translated by Taro.

2 comments:

Aini said...

these days i dont write to my mom anymore, we call or text! much easier and faster

Taro said...

Dear Aini,

Yes, please write to your mother!