Monday, February 26, 2007

It's a Pity...

Japanese actress Rinko Kikuchi missed out on the Best Supporting Actress Academy Award today. It's a pity.

Mainichi Shimbun(Feb.26.2007)
Sumire Kunieda

LOS ANGELES -- Japan's Rinko Kikuchi missed out on the Best Supporting Actress Academy Award as favorite Jennifer Hudson took out the prize for her role in "Dreamgirls."

Hudson received the award at the 79th Academy Award ceremony at Kodak Theater in Los Angeles, leaving 26-year-old Kikuchi empty handed.

.....Kikuchi was nominated for her performance in "Babel," a story about communication that links Morocco, Tokyo, the United States and Mexico. Movies released in the United States in 2006 are eligible for this year's awards. Winners are selected by about 6,000 members of the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. Other winners already decided so far are Alan Arkin as Best Supporting Actor for "Little Miss Sunshine" and "Happy Feet" for best animated feature. (Picture from Reuters)
By the way, she was born on 6th January 1981. To my surprise, it is just when I was born. I am also born on 6th January 1981. I think it a big honor! She is as old as I, but she is much greater than I. She is an international actress. In contrast, I am a very small international blogger.

No comments: