Sunday, April 01, 2007

Two Schools Accept Me

As mentioned before, I am going to the U.S. graduate school this fall; I've applied to the following schools and I've just received their replies at last:

(1) The University of Hawaii at Manoa: Rejected

(2) The University of South Carolina, Moore School of Business: Rejected

(3) Binghamton University, State University of New York: Accepted

(4) The University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee: Accepted

The University of Hawaii is certainly attractive. But it is only the warm weather that lures me. It seems to have less professors and students with the similar intellectual interest to mine than SUNY and UWM.

Of two schools that can accept me, I hope for a grad study at UWM because I think it will meet my special interest on international finance and currency issues. I hear it is very cold there in winter. It is a worrisome point to me. I will need to be used to the cold.

* The topic of this column was recently released in the post of the previous column. There I talked about my application to grad schools with MVPY, an admirable regular commentator recognized by Harvard professor Greg Mankiw.

No comments: