Monday, June 02, 2008

Go to Potsdam

I am going to Potsdam, Germany at the end of June. This is one of the exchange programs offered by my university. This is a one-month stay at Potsdam. It's very short, but may be a good and precious chance to go and see another country, so I decided to go there. It should be a good memory for me. (Moreover, the cost is paid by the university, not me.)

By the way, many Japanese and other foreign students may think that studying abroad is going to the US. In fact so do I and that's why I came here. Potsdam may also be a good place to study something.

Potsdam is a historically and maybe mentally important place for Japanese people, though. It is a famous place in Japan. Near the end of the World War 2, the Allied Forces discussed how to ask Japan to surrender unconditionally at this place.

It's a long time ago, but many people all over the world are still suffering from such memories of the war. I cannot imagine how severe their hardships are, but I can touch on their feeling if I try to do.

Anyway, this is not the trip to learn the history of the World War 2, but to learn the monetary policy and system in the EU. I seize on this chance to learn about these area.

No comments: