Monday, May 07, 2007

Dear Sirs

Tomorrow I am going to the US Consulate General to apply for a US visa. I'll have an interview with a native English speaker there. So I'm nervous.

I'll submit the form, the statement of purpose. This is what I talk briefly about my reason and my plan of studying at US grad school.


Statement of Purpose

May 8, 2007

U.S. Consulate General,
Osaka-Kobe


Dear Sirs:
My name is Taro Okamoto. I am applying for F-1 student visa to join the Ph.D. program in Economics at the University of Wisconsin-Milwaukee.


My purpose of visiting the US is to study economics. I think the US will provide me with the better place to study economics: The graduate schools in the US have attracted many students from all over the world. A wide variety of students has made them far better. And thus they have produced many economists. The economics program of UW-Milwaukee puts more attention on international economics and thus suits my intellectual interest. I hope I will have a sufficiently intellectual experience at UW-Milwaukee.

My career plan is to be a professor in Japan. I think it would not be easy to find the job as a professor not only in the US but also in Japan, even if I had the Ph.D. from the US graduate school. If I can not find such a kind of job, I will make a living by teaching English and math at cram school in Japan from the experience of my stay at the US graduate school. However, I will try hard to have a career as a university professor. I will get and do the job appropriate to my character even if I can not find the job I want to do.

There should not be any financial problem. I have sufficient funds to pay the first-year tuition and other living expenses. Please see the financial statement from the Post Office and the certificate of scholarship loans appointment from JSSO. Thank you very much for your attention.

Sincerely,
Taro Okamoto

No comments: