Tuesday, May 08, 2007

One Munite Interview

Today I went to the US Consulate at Osaka. There I applied for a student visa (F-1) and had a short interview.

I thought I would have more difficult questions for me, but they were all easy to answer. Here's the interview I had there:


Madam: Good morning. How long you have been waiting!

Me: Just one hour.

Leaning her head to the right, she took a look at my application form.

I seemed not to make myself understood in English, and once again I tried to reply to her greeting.

Me: One hour. (I thought I was asked how long I had been there.)

Madam: (She nodded.) Okamoto San, shimonn wo torimasu. (I'll take your fingerprints.)

At this time she began to speak Japanese a little, taking my fingerprints with a sensor.

Madam: Thank you.

Me: You're welcome.

Madam: Where do you want to go? (She spoke English again.)

Me: Wisconsin in the US.

Madam: This is the first time to go to America?

Me: Exactly.

Madam: How long will you stay there?

Me: 6 years.

Madam: (Looking at my I-20 form) Wisconsin....., hum,...Milwaukee. Great! I hope you'll have succeeded. Good luck! Good Bye.

Me: Thank you.

This is all one minute interview.

No comments: