Wednesday, May 30, 2007

A Thousand Winds

(Author Unknown)

Do not stand at my grave and weep,
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am in a thousand winds that blow,
I am the softly falling snow.

I am the gentle showers of rain,
I am the fields of ripening grain.

I am in the morning hush,
I am in the graceful rush

Of beautiful birds in circling flight,
I am the star shine of the night.

I am in the flowers that bloom,
I am in a quiet room.

I am in the birds that sing,
I am in each lovely thing.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there. I do not die.



What do you feel from the above poem? In Japan it has become very popular. It is very short and very refreshing, I think. It is not only about the death of the loved, but the words from the death.

However, there's no sadness but a piece of invariable law in it; in the long run, we are all a thousand winds.

No comments: